About Me

My photo
I love cars! I try to stay in sync with the automotive industry as well as history. This blog will chronicle interesting events as well as my own commentary on the state of the industry.

Friday, December 18, 2009

McQueen



I just got done reading this article. WOW!
It's very cool to read original reviews like this of what are now timeless classic cars, from someone who was a true enthusiast. Of course, he makes a few factual slips, like thinking that the 427 "Turbo-Jet" in the Corvette meant it was turbo-charged.
but I suppose we can forgive him for that. Such a great variety of cars too, from traditional sports cars (the "new" Porsche 911, Alfa), to luxury GT (Mercedes, Aston). Very complimentary reviews of all, but so no-nonsense, seat of the pants, gut feeling reviews from a legendary car guy. Even if I do find his movies pretty boring.

Read it all here
http://42ndblackwatch1881.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/sports-illustrated-vintage-1966-steve-mcqueen-reviews-the-hottest-new-gts/

Another McQueen photo gallery here
http://42ndblackwatch1881.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/steve-mcqueen-whatll-it-be-today-jaguar-xkss-or-ac-cobra/

No comments:

Post a Comment