About Me

My photo
I love cars! I try to stay in sync with the automotive industry as well as history. This blog will chronicle interesting events as well as my own commentary on the state of the industry.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Blue Oval

Automotive News reports that Ford generated $2 billion in quarterly profit for 2010. The big news? They're actually turning a profit on each car sold! I remember a few years back GM lost an average of $1,200 on each car sold. But that was ok, because they thought they could just make it up in volume.

The only bad news for Ford is that they have over $30 billion in debt versus GM and Chrysler that have virtually no remaining debt, and Toyota that has huge heaps of cash laying around. Still, many of their newest offerings seem to be solid contenders, they avoided the stigma of bankruptcy, and Toyota is in a tailspin. It will be interesting to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment