About Me

My photo
I love cars! I try to stay in sync with the automotive industry as well as history. This blog will chronicle interesting events as well as my own commentary on the state of the industry.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Monterey!

Well I'm starting to get excited as Vintage Race Season is about to come into full swing for me. The Monterey Historics (and surrounding events) are just 2 weekends away (http://www.montereyhistoric.com/). I will be going for the 5th time this year, always a spectacular event, to anyone who hasn't gone, and can find a way to go, I highly recommend it. My dad, brother and myself are all going, and have planned out a 10 day super-vacation. Getting into Monterey on Friday evening, and then we planned Bondurant 4 day racing school the following weekend (http://www.bondurant.com/). After investigating a bit more, we decided to drive between the two and take the opportunity to go by Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon, as well as finding some windy backroads. Of course the rental car we have schedules is a Grand Marquis so the backroads won't be quite as good as they could be in a proper sports car or motorcycle, but should be fun nonetheless.
Then we have Lime Rock vintage festival coming up, followed by Watkins Glen vintage grand prix, and I plan to attend both of those as well. Also highly recommended, though not quite Monterey caliber.
Look for pictures and more in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment